Suggested Card Messages
It is not always easy to write a heartfelt message that expresses how you feel, especially at a time of sorrow so we have written some card suggestions for different occasions.
Most people have a fear that they are going to upset or offend the person who will receive their sympathetic words. Anxiety sets in as you try to find the correct wording. Phrases like "I know what you are going through" can come across as insensitive in minimizing the suffering and pain the bereaved person is feeling. Below we suggest some suitable choices for your sympathy message...
- Please accept these flowers and hear the words we are not able to speak
- With my deepest sympathy
- You are in my thoughts and prayers
- With love to you and your family
- In loving memory
- With heartfelt condolences
- My thoughts are with you at your time of need
- I want you to know that I am here for you at this time of grieving
- Thinking of you in these difficult times
- Please know our loving thoughts embrace you
- Our deepest sympathies during your time of loss. Please know that we are here for you.
- Our thoughts and prayers are with you during this difficult time. We are sorry for your loss.
- In loving memory of [NAME], [HE/SHE] will be missed dearly.
- Please accept our condolences on the loss of your [MOTHER/FATHER/OTHER RELATION].
- Our deepest sympathy to you and your family. From all your friends at [BUSINESS NAME]
- [NAME] will always be in our hearts and memories. With Sympathy, The [YOUR LAST NAME] Family